Monday, May 01, 2006

The Farm @ San Benito





This place is literally where time stands still. If you're looking to relax, unwind, leave your worries behind (escapade... =P), this is the place for you.

The location, the ambience, the attention to detail just beckons you to rest. This may be an exaggeration to some, but there are times while walking along the trails, the wind just seems to whisper "relax..."

This is also the place where even an hour's sleep feels like you've slept for 8. I have come to know what a good night's sleep means -- it's dreamless, it's peaceful. The kind when the last memory you will remember the moment you open your eyes, is the moment when you closed them. You wake up feeling refreshed, a few minutes before 7am, just in time for breakfast and their daily activities.

Two rules of caution when going to The Farm though:

1) Bring your own car.
2) Plan for a different "dining pleasure"

Their food is, let's just say, not for everybody. A carnivore, through and through, their vegan philosophy would be the only glitch in my otherwise perfect weekend.

Not to say that we didn't try their food, because we really did. We took our lunch there last Saturday and while reading the menu, I was also stealing if-looks-could-kill glances at the waiter ready to bark and bite. (think ben stiller's lion character in madagascar, where he was looking at the zebra and the monkeys like they're walking steaks). It's not that I don't like leafy, green vegetables but I will have to draw the line with uncooked food and alternative everything!

After that infamous lunch, we all went straight to McDonald's. It was a 20-minute winding drive with no traffic but it was well worth it. It was like eating at McDo for the first time. Lunch on the second day were more of the same, i.e., we took a beeline to Max's and ordered chicken and crispy pata. I can't remember a time when crispy pata (and beer... and pepsi... and every food with oil and animal fat) tasted that good. I also can't remember a time when all that comes out of my mouth are meat-all-you-can jokes. =P

We also bought snacks and drinks at 7-11 although we had to sneak it in because water is the only beverage they allow. EVERYTHING else is PROHIBITED. We all put our contraband in our safety boxes (aka secret stash).


To be fair, I did enjoy their pesto (see pic, pesto on everything). And Ling liked the granola with coconut milk. Temaj liked their caesar salad (to which I agreed if and only if it has grilled chicken in it). Ribs couldn't get enough of their into-into bread hehehehe.

The chef was also not bad too look at.

Other than our food adventure, all in all it was a great experience. Even the treatments we chose were a trip! =) Most interesting was Ling's Moxa Ventosa... I took some shots but since she was half-naked during the treatment, I think it's just prudent not to post any of them. =D











4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks nice! i'll go with an S.O. oh wait, i don't have an S.O. Bummer.

A. George Hale said...

bawal magingay dun....
hahahahahahahaha

A. George Hale said...

hoy malou! di mo sinasagot text ko =P

Thanks thanks =D sa batangas yung san benito =) punta kayo ni hubby mo paguwi nya hehehehe pero bawal magingay dun ;-)

ching said...

hey, your blog's up! :-)