Monday, May 29, 2006

Twenty Random Facts

1. I am lactose-intolerant ever since I was 6-months old. I can't stand the taste and smell of milk. I don't eat beef because
I think it tastes like milk. I can eat ice cream but not that much and not at night.
2. I think I have an aptitude for cooking and I am actually frustrated because there are a lot of things I can't eat (see no.
1). I want to savor the taste of cheese with wine and grapes but sadly that will never come to fruition.
3. I am a nerd and I don't find it offensive if people call me that. I can be a walking library/songhits/tabloid most of the time. Even I, am surprised that I can still remember things that I've read/watched/heard when I was ten.
4. I've been trying to read an unabridged version of "As You Like It" but somehow can't seem to find the motivation to proceed to page 2.
5. I read a lot. Not as much as before but still keeping with my 20 books a year minimum. If I don't have the time, I'd get those trashy novels for a quickie read (pun intended) hehehehe
6. I'm always on the lookout for the perfect wine, beer, shot, song, scene, passage =)
7. I have a one-degree separation from Rustom Padilla. I joined the now-defunct "Wheel of Fortune" which he was hosting. I won the daily round and got a desktop and ps1.
8. The moment when I realized that I was totally alone and totally free was while walking along Fulton St. in downtown NY enroute to the office. Three weeks after being assigned there, it hit me that I was in a strange place in a strange country looking like a 15-yr old with my trusty, security backpack to boot. New York is a place where you can be surrounded by a
throng of people but still feel alone and invisible.
9. In my single life's checklist, there's already a check beside Car before 25 (but I really got it when I was 26), Go out with a bad boy, Go out with a foreigner, Go out with someone who has a tattoo and Travel outside the Philippines. Working on Europe before 30.
10. I still haven't found my passion yet except I guess for work. I want to have the same dedication as I have with my career as with my chosen crafts (photography and painting).
11. I am deathly afraid of horror movies. I can't stand watching them. I remember not being able to sleep for two weeks after watching Devil's Advocate and being able to watch only 25% of Thirteen Ghosts.
12. I love crabs. 'Nuf said.
13. Whenever I feel sad, I watch my Friends DVD, The American President, and Never Been Kissed. Even after watching them for the nth time, I still cry when Monica proposed to Chandler, when President Andrew Sheppard defended Sidney Ellen Wade, and
when Josie got her first real kiss.
14. My right eye is almost blind.
15. I want to go to Germany, taste their different flavors of beer, and visit that strawberry field that grows strawberries as big as tennis balls which my Deutsch teacher told us about.
16. I do not know how to play any instrument and I actually believe that I'm tone-deaf. My best friend tried teaching me how to play the piano... it almost cost us our friendship.
17. I've been in a relationship in which I was the other woman (I read in an article that the correct term is an emotional poacher). I wasn't proud of it, it wasn't pretty, I hated myself for being in that situation, and I never want to experience that ever again.
18. I still haven't felt the freedom people feel when driving.
19. I'm fiercely loyal and actually have a guideline if and when faced with a situation where I have to choose between common friends.
20. Whenever choosing between sleep and any other activity (i.e., gimik, eat, etc.), sleep will always win.

2 comments:

Zhinesade said...

ikaw na ikaw.... :D

yun lang.

A. George Hale said...

ayan malou, sade, tina-tag ko na kayo both to do the same twenty random facts thingie =)