In a relationship
I've finally made a commitment! I've been thinking about it for a long time. Even when I was back in the 'pines, I knew this day would eventually come. All the while, I thought I would settle with the one that I was considering for months. However, as fate and the universe would have it, it seems like I'm destined to be with a different one.
This has been a long process... and a long wait. Although deciding on the one that I will be committing myself to was pretty easy... no pros and cons list whatsoever. I guess there's really a hint of truth when people say that you'll know it when it happens because it happened to me.
The denoument happened last Friday, I really thought that day would be the ending to my delayed gratification bit. I left the office a little earlier than usual and walked to the place. I was out of luck though that night. Something happened that I didn't foresee. I was really disappointed and nobody could talk to me after that.
I returned Saturday afternoon. The plan didn't go as well as I thought it would but nonetheless, I got what I wanted. I couldn't wait any longer. With eyes closed, I jumped!

Meet Nikidee. My new digital SLR! It's a Nikon D50 package which includes the body, an 18-55mm lens and an extra 55-200 mm lens. Number 1 in my To Buy wishlist -- check! Considering that the package already includes 2 lenses, it's not that expensive but still it cost me an arm and a leg and I overshot my budget hahaha =P. Here comes my favorite line: I won't be able to eat for a month but I have my camera.The store offered a 6-month interest free option and I really thought I could avail it but I learned later that you have to be at least a resident of Ireland for 3 years before you can get it. It sucks because it would have helped a lot. I could already pay for it in cash (which I did) but paying it in installments would have been better.
I've started tinkering with it a bit but I have yet to start reading the manual. It appears as though I'm getting good at delaying gratification. I'm usually the one with the really low E.Q. I'm planning to debut my camera in Dublin which is just a couple of weeks from now, so I really have to familiarize with Nikidee soon. Of course, as any photographer would know, this is just the start of the whole busting your budget series. Next in line would be a 2MB memory card, tripod, camera bag, filters and when other incidental/miscellaneous expenses (i.e., food, clothing, etc.) are light, I may be able to score another lens.
2 comments:
2MB? wala pang 1 pic yun a! uwi ka na at mag-photo-ops tayo gamit ang mabangis mong camera! :)
talaga namang nagcomment pa... kala ko naexhaust na natin ito sa ym =P hoookeey typo 2Gb dapat, perfectionist person =P
Post a Comment