Sunday, October 29, 2006

Lucky Me

Ganito ako kasuwerte...

Actually, di ko alam kung pano ko sya it-take pero I will just accept it as a serendipitous/fortuitous moment.

This week, I passed my new hire documents to our HR and Catherine (she's one of the HR personnel) and I had a chat. Apparently, I passed in Pram not because of my credentials (well, siguro part na yun) but because of a little misconception -- they thought I was in Singapore! hihihihihihihihihihi

Yung thing kasi is mabilis magprocess ng visa sa Singapore. Sa Pinas it took me a month (and sometimes daw, it can take you more than a month). That's why yung company ko were reluctant to get applicants in the 'pines dahil matagal nga bago makarating sa Ireland. Okay sa kanila ang mga Noyps, pero kumukuha sila sa Sing.

However, narealize nila na wala ako sa Singapore, naschedule na yung videoconference (which was the last interview). I guess they were thinking, no turning back na. Kaya...tada! Lusotlusotlusot =D =D =D

*****

Kanina, I was in Derry which is in Northern Ireland and already part of UK. Sinamahan ko si Ado at si Ron maghanap ng kanilang costume para sa Halloween party na ihohold sa Derry din. While they were eating their burgers sa car (see Buhay Irish entry), I was looking at the river na medyo asa gitna ng town. Nothing spectacular with the scene but yun yata yung defining moment when it hit me that I'm in a different country. Like walking along Pearl St. a month after I got in New York, and driving to Potomac Mills 2 weeks after I got in Virginia for the first time.

I'm breathing a different air, I'm hearing different sounds, and looking on the 'other left' when crossing the road. AMAZING! ;-)

No comments: