There are people in this world that you keep at arms length.
There are people in this world that upon meeting them it feels like you've known them forever.
And there are people that just draw you in.
Like Che.
When I met her, I said to myself, finally! somebody who looks younger than me. She did turn out to be younger than me but only by ten months. Still a shocker because she didn't look like a day over 13.
Teenager-looks aside, Che exuded of happiness, contentment, strength, kindness, and grace which belied not only her age but also the experiences she had undergone and was continually undergoing at that time.
There are people that I don't like at first sight. Sometimes it's them, most of the times it's me. On my trying-to-overcome-first-impressions moments, I had Che (like a conscience) telling me to give that person a chance. Che, bless her soul, never said an unkind word to anyone, and if ever she did, that person is probably so screwed 100x over.
Hello, Che, belated happy birthday =). You would've been 28 yesterday and we would have been nagging you to tell us if you've already experienced your quarter-life crisis.
I miss you. We all miss you.


No comments:
Post a Comment