The Adventures of Miguel Kulit
This is Miguel (or Kuya Miguel as he insists on being called or Miguel Kulit kapag nagaaway kami sa TV). He is the littlest 1/4 in our household.
Last night while showing me the work he did on his Power Rangers activity book, we had this conversation:
Miguel: Ate Poch, Ate Poch, look! Look! (showing me 2 different PowerRangers in separate pages). Look, differend sila o! Differend sila.
Now, Mike, Joyce (Miguel's parents) and I make it a point to practice him in speaking the English language in preparation for school (right now kasi sa play school, tinatagalog nya yung mga playmates nya). Incidentally pala, among all his titas and titos sa Letterkenny, I'm the only one he insists on calling Ate Poch (I'm mostly Tita Poch to the other kids).
Poch: Different hindi differend. 'T' at the end not 'D'. Different(stressing the 'T' at the end).
Miguel: Oo nga differend sila... see differend, iba kasi yung belts nila.
Poch: No, ang tama ay different hindi differend. 'T' hindi 'D'.(stressing again the sound that I make).
This back-and-forth went on three times. I said again,
Poch: Different. 'T' hindi 'D'.
Miguel: Tifferend? Look nga, tifferend sila.
Natawa na ako dito syempre. When Joyce heard us laughing, she went to us and I explained,
Poch: He's saying differend kasi and I'm telling him it's different.
Miguel, probably exasperated with the lessons said,
Miguel: Ma, look o, look, they're not the same. They're not the same.
Now, Mike, Joyce (Miguel's parents) and I make it a point to practice him in speaking the English language in preparation for school (right now kasi sa play school, tinatagalog nya yung mga playmates nya). Incidentally pala, among all his titas and titos sa Letterkenny, I'm the only one he insists on calling Ate Poch (I'm mostly Tita Poch to the other kids).
Poch: Different hindi differend. 'T' at the end not 'D'. Different(stressing the 'T' at the end).
Miguel: Oo nga differend sila... see differend, iba kasi yung belts nila.
Poch: No, ang tama ay different hindi differend. 'T' hindi 'D'.(stressing again the sound that I make).
This back-and-forth went on three times. I said again,
Poch: Different. 'T' hindi 'D'.
Miguel: Tifferend? Look nga, tifferend sila.
Natawa na ako dito syempre. When Joyce heard us laughing, she went to us and I explained,
Poch: He's saying differend kasi and I'm telling him it's different.
Miguel, probably exasperated with the lessons said,
Miguel: Ma, look o, look, they're not the same. They're not the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment