Friday, December 01, 2006

Overdrive: Surviving the Roads in Ireland

Tomorrow I will be taking the Theory Test which is the first step in driving here in Ireland. When [not if (crossing my fingers)] I pass this exam, I'll be able to apply for a provisional license (similar in concept of a learner's permit in other countries). In a year or so (at least before the 2-year validity of the provisional license expires), I will be taking the practical exam in which WHEN I pass, I could get my full license. Apparently, not a lot of Pinoys here in Pram pass it on their first try.

But first things first.

For the past two weeks, I've been reviewing for the exam tomorrow. I borrowed a book about driving, a CD-Rom about driving, and another one for Theory Test practice questions. I've been visually and mentally adjusting to a right-hand drive and a left-hand side perspective. I feel like I'm learning how to write with my left hand when I'm right-handed. No wonder I stutter.

Hopefully, all my preparation will suffice. We'll see.

No comments: