Wednesday, February 15, 2006

La Paz Sand Dunes



Pix from La Paz Sand Dunes

Located in Barangay La Paz in Laoag City, the sand dunes were known as Pandayucan during the ancient times and locally named Bantay Bimmaboy as (according to sources) it is shaped like a pig.

The location also offers a "fine vista of the South China Sea."

Source: La Paz Sand Dunes
http://elgu2.ncc.gov.ph/laoag/index.php?id1=9&id2=14&id3=9

The drive to this place was surely memorable. My friends and I got lost and due to that quick bout of indecision in which we incorrectly chose the wrong turn (left instead of right), we got a short glimpse of our "life flashing before our eyes" as I (a very inexperienced driver at that time) tried to maneuver the car across a dubious-looking bridge. It was barely wide enough to fit a car -- imagine a tight rope for automobiles.

Now, I know what people mean when they say "heart pounding in your ears."

After more wrong turns and far too many directions from locals, we managed to find the correct way to the dunes. The road going there was, of course, tricky. The drive should have been used as a marketing pitch (and a fine testimonial) to my super bad ass cutie pie Suzuki Jimny as we were able to use its pagiging 4x4. (hehehe di ko alam pano sabihin, obvious na I'm not a car enthusiast --- but look how shiny it is! ;-D)

No comments: